Sunday, February 12, 2012

Finished Projects


The Owl Family mat is finally finished.  It is pretty simple, and I've played around with adding something on the edges to border it, but haven't decided just what I'll do yet.  The backing was a small cut linen piece that I wanted to use, and it was a bit challenging to hook with not much extra fabric to grip onto the frame!  I don't recommend it, ugh!  I thought of adding antique buttons as a border, but that didn't do much for it, so I'll have to think about it some more.  It measures 9 1/2" X 12 1/2".



A few years ago, I hooked a pillow using coiled hearts in the design.  I decided to make a coiled heart pin in honor of Valentine's Day.  The pin measures 2 1/4" X 3", and is made of four different primitive red  8-cut wool strips, coiled together.  I used a needle and matching thread to shape the coils into a heart.  I discovered that I couldn't coil very tightly because it was much too difficult to achieve the heart shape!  I have coated the back with some fabric glue to further hold the shape and have sewn on the metal pin. 

Hope you and your Sweetheart enjoy a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

Linda



 

2 comments:

  1. Your owl family is very sweet, Linda! What's new on the frame?
    Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love the owls, they are adorable.
    You're so talented.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!