Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Flowers at Last!!




Spring flowers are here! I hadn't looked for a few days, but the Crocus are finally in bloom here in Central Illinois. It was absolutely beautiful today. The sun was shining and it was warm, but windy. They call Chicago the "windy city", but I don't think Chicago has anything on us in the "gusty" department. Since it is ALWAYS windy here, it is nice for summer breezes, but murder in winter when our temps reach those big negative numbers!! I really need to get outside and clean up around the flower beds and garden pond. We have a lot of "stuff" from fall and winter lying about making the yard look messy. I didn't feel much like working today. I have a really "fun" cold right now...you know the kind... Absolutely no oxygen is able to enter my lungs through the usual route. I've been taking Sudafed PE, since you practically have to submit to a DNA swab of your inner cheek in order to purchase the maximum strength regular Sudafed. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work the same! I stopped in the local CVS on our way home from getting our taxes done today and bought REAL Sudafed. Maybe I will actually be able to sleep tonight with my mouth closed! The Red House Rug is one that I hooked from a Hooked on Rugs kit several years ago. I like the folk art look of it. It hangs here in my studio above my very first rug (the log cabin), and measures 18" x 18". Hope you all have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated!