Sunday, April 6, 2014

New Rug on My Frame and Wonderful Changes in Life!



Finally, the weather is starting to seem "Spring-like!"  This has been a very long winter....sigh.

I have begun a new rug and in the above picture,  you can see the progress so far.  I really like the way this is turning out and LOVE, LOVE this pattern.  It is not my own design, but can be found in the book, "Designs for Primitive Rug Hookers" by Jenny Rupp and Lisa Yeago.  The pattern is called "Madi's Favorite" by Margo White.

I have decided to hook this in a 3/8" wide cut, which I LOVE.  It looks very primitive in person and will measure 30" x 30" when completed.

Great news!  I've been doing more rug hooking than ever, and my friend Ann and I have organized a new rug hooking group locally.  We had our first meeting last month with four of us, and we have at least four more who are planning to come this month!  What a great beginning!!  We are calling ourselves, "Wool Ewe Join Us" Rug Hookers......fun!  Ann and I have been acquainted through our blogs for several years, and amazingly she moved to within four miles of my home last fall!!!!  Neither she nor I had any idea that we were so close until Ann emailed to say she had moved to central Illinois and wondered if there were rug hooking groups nearby.  I was thrilled when I thought she had moved to within 20 minutes of my location, but she lives in the next town west of me....4 miles away!!!  Needless to say, I was excited!  We have been driving to a rug hooking meeting an hour and a half from here and enjoy it, but we  talked one day and decided why not start a group closer?  To make a long story short, WEJU has been organized and begun.  We are also attending yet another rug hooking meeting (recently started up again) in Washington on Mondays.  WOW, how quickly things can change.  We are now rug hooking with groups 7 days each month!  WOOO HOO!  We have also planned to attend hook-ins at Bishop Hill and in St. Louis this month.

Getting to know Ann better has been fabulous.  She is really sweet and a lot of fun, and it is wonderful to have a rug hooking good friend so close.

Hope you have a great week!

Hugs,
Linda

4 comments:

  1. How fortunate to have Ann move so close to you! that is wonderful! I love the name of your group ~ we are going to have to find a name for our group here now that we will be certified ATHA chapter :)
    LOVE that rug you're hooking btw ~ beautiful colors!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE your new rug!!! And I just love a wide cut. I just hooked a little 4' x 6" mat for a hook-in this summer in an 8 cut and I hated hooking that narrow.
    I was wondering how you and Ann hooked (pun intended) up. She is such a sweetheart.
    Happy hooking :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to have a new rug hooking buddy. LOVE the background you're doing on this new rug - can't remember if I have that book - will have to go look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are finding more time to hook !
    The icing on the cake is to have a friend(s) to do it with.
    Your rug is beautiful.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!