Friday, February 21, 2014

My New Frame!



                                                            (Bee Creek Ltd. photo)

I like the hooking frame that I have used for years, but decided to find a frame that could tilt and swivel.  Working on a large rug convinced me that I needed those features!   I looked at quite a few, and would love to have purchased a Townsend (not likely in my lifetime), but found one that I really like!  I searched on Ebay and discovered Bee Creek Ltd.  The frame came the other day, and I love it!  It is 14" diameter octagonal (as you can see in the picture!).  It is so much faster to use than to rotate the rug itself on the old frame and then pick up the entire frame and turn it.  Larger rugs create the need for these time saving features, I've decided...anyway that's what I told myself  before I hit "buy!"

Anyway, just had to show you my new tool!  I'm also working on a little mat that I started the day after my frame was delivered.  It is an old pattern from Kindred Spirits and I love the way it is turning out.  I will post a picture of it in a day or two.

Have a great evening!
Linda

4 comments:

  1. A new frame does the heart good. Happy to hear you love it.
    Hugs,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same frame and like it. You'll have fun hooking!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great frame - tilting and swiveling are definitely beneficial to your hooking. Glad you were able to get this and look forward to seeing the new projects you make on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good. Pls give us another update after you use it for a bit

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!