Friday, January 31, 2014

Rug Finished



FINALLY, this rug is finished - except for hemming!  I am happy with the way it turned out.  The colors in this picture are not exactly true, but it does look a little antique and muted, which was my goal.  Now back to my large horse rug :0)

It is snowing YET AGAIN here in central Illinois.  At least it is not windy today.  For the past month the winds have been terrible...combined with below freezing (sometimes below zero) temps to make a frigid, miserable season.  I am so ready for warm sunny days and GRASS AND FLOWERS.  I usually don't mind winter, but this year may have converted me to join the "I love summer" crowd.  I don't really like hot humid weather either, but I'm ready for a little of that now.  I think we are supposed to get several inches of snow and 1 to 1 1/2" of freezing rain, aka, ICE through tomorrow.  My sister and her husband decided to take a week of vacation to warmer climes to get a break from this weather...unfortunately they went to Gulf Shores and were caught in the ice storm down there for two days...what luck!  They are coming home tonight to this welcoming snowfall...sigh...

Hope you are enjoying your week/weekend, and have great weather in your town.

Hugs, Linda

5 comments:

  1. Linda ~
    Love how the rug turned out!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shades within this rug. Beautiful job !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rug is just delightful Linda! The purple tulips add a nice pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the coolest blogger I ever saw. Thanks for posting this useful information. This was just what I was on looking for. I'll come back to this blog for sure!
    magnolia home rugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!