Friday, October 12, 2012

Just Call Me Lefty!



I have done something to my right shoulder, and have been unable to type or anything for about a week.  It is rather boring, the way it happened, but Monday I was pulling a shirt over my head which rolled up right at my shoulder blades...be honest...it has happened to you too!!  I was in a hurry because my DH was waiting for me to go look at fireplace stuff, so I reached up behind my back with my right arm and tried to grab the shirt and pull it down in the back.  A pain started radiating through my right shoulder and a little down my arm.  It REALLY hurt!!  I had a hard time moving my right arm in any direction, but I made a sling out of some black fabric that I had on hand and went with my husband anyway.





We stopped at CVS and purchased a real sling which I have been using ever since.  I've been taking
Advil, sleeping on my left side with the sling on, and doing NOTHING since Monday morning....
aaaarrrrgggghhhh!  I can't style my hair...or even dry it in the usual manner,  opening jars is impossible, writing (and typing) are a challenge...and FORGET putting on socks!!


Needless to say I will be doing no hooking for the foreseeable future...sigh.  I have a hard time using the mouse left handed, so I've even missed reading your blogs regularly... Here's hoping this problem heals QUICKLY.  The above pictures are of hooked pins that I've created in the past.

Hugs,
Linda




5 comments:

  1. UGH! I was in the same boat a few years ago when I broke my collarbone - it was sheer torture not being able to do any of the things I love to do. Hope you heal quickly and can resume your normal activities. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda ~
    I am so sorry to hear about your shoulder! I hope you heal quickly so life can get back to normal. A few months ago my right upper arm hurt if I twisted it a certain way. I finally went to the doctor and have been on an anti-inflamatory since. It is slowly getting better but it wasn't nearly as bad as yours. Perhaps a trip to the doctor would help speed things along.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear you are down and out.. Hopefully you will mend quickly and be back to doing the things you love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you heal quickly, please get it checked quickly if it does not.
    bless you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Linda - Just wanted to check and see how your arm is doing. Hope you're on the mend - would love to see you post......

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!