Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday Project




The new Spring issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects has several fun little items to make.  One project is a stay-stuck pin cube, designed by Renee Plains.  The pattern is printed on page 81 ready to print out on card stock from your printer!  You just print, cut out, fold and glue or tape, and poke a few holes in three sides and voila!  DONE!!

The instructions also tell you that you can "age" or "prim" the cube by staining with coffee or ink or even brown eye shadow powder (I may try that one.)  Anyway, true to claims, the pins do not fall out even after tossing it around a little.  The cube measures 1 3/4" X 1 3/4" and is a neat little fun thing to make on a dreary, cold, rainy Saturday afternoon.

Happy crafting!!

Linda

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know that this project is so easy to make - I might have a try at it myself! I like all the different colored pins that you put in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda ~
    Very cute! I'll have to look at my magazine again.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!