Monday, September 19, 2011

New Autumn Wreath

We are enjoying a beautiful Fall evening here in Illinois, after rain fell all day.  The sun is shining (and will be soon setting!) and it is 65 degrees...beautiful.

I'm still working on some Autumn decorations.  This week I decided that I was in need of a new wreath for the front porch, so I made a trip to Hobby Lobby and with coupons in hand purchased three pumpkins.  I love the way they are made, but the color was really bright orange, not my favorite.

They actually look even brighter in person than they appear in this picture.  I love the green/white pumpkins, so I painted one of them with several different colors and attached it to a grapevine wreath that I already had.  I added some flowers, berries, leaves and ribbon and came up with this for the wall next to my front door:

I liked the way the painted pumpkin turned out,  so now I need to decided if I want to paint the other two above just like this one in the wreath...I suppose I could try to make the orange look a little more primitive instead...I'm not sure what I will do, but here is a picture of the finished wreath:



I'm very happy with the wreath, and think it adds a great Fall touch to my front porch!  All I need now are a few real pumpkins sitting by the door to finish the look.

Graybee watched the process and I think he was impressed, too.  I think he is smiling!  He is such a handsome boy!


4 comments:

  1. Linda, I LOVE your wreath - you did a wonderful job creating it. The makeover of the pumpkin turned out great. We have a 2 hour fog delay this morning so I'm working on getting out some of my fall decor. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, Ann!

    We have lots of fog this morning, too! Enjoy your few extra minutes :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda ~
    Your wreath looks terrific! I need to get more of my goodies down from the attic. There's just not enough hours in the day!
    Graybee is a handsome boy!!!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lauren! I know what you mean about not having enough hours in the day to get everything done--esp. when you work full time outside the home!!

    Graybee is a sweet cat :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!