Friday, June 24, 2011

Antique Store Bargain Project.

Hope you are enjoying the first few "official" days of summer.  We have been having lots of rain, resulting in LOTS of mowing!  Our granddaughters are playing T-ball and baseball for the past several weeks, so we've been spending two evenings and Saturday morning each week at games.  It's fun to watch them play, but it does take lots of time, too, so I haven't been doing much rug hooking lately.  I've drawn another design to hook and plan to transfer it to backing tonight, so hopefully, soon I will have a progress picture to post.

I enjoy searching local antique shops for bargains to "update," and the above lamps are one of those recent projects.  I found them for $1.00 each in a little shop that I love in Kickapoo, IL.   My wool room looks a little more "cottage" than the rest of my home, so I decided to paint these lamps white and use them there next to a daybed which I had previously painted white.  The daybed turned out great, so I was hopeful that the lamps would, too.

The lamps are completed and are now being used in the wool room.  The white shades were under $10 each at a local home improvement store, so for $22.00, I have two "new" lamps.  One day when I get my wool room clutter under control, I will take a picture of the daybed to show you how it looks together with the lamps.

Have a great rest of the week!

Linda

2 comments:

  1. Linda ~
    LOVE the rug you have for your header photo and I look forward to seeing what you will be hooking next.
    The lamps came out great.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lauren!
    Thank you. The rug pattern is Lib Calloway's Shaker Tree of Life, and was one of the first rugs that I started hooking. It was an on again/off again project over several years, but I love the way it turned out. It hangs in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!