Friday, July 31, 2009

Wonderful Wreaths

I'm still in a serious Fall mood, so I'm posting this picture of a wreath I decorated . The flowers are dried and some are faux. The pumpkin is papier mache' that I painted with acrylic paint and then antiqued for a prim look. Wreaths are so cheerful to me. Whenever I see a great wreath in a home or a shop or in pictures, it makes me smile. There is a floral shop near my home whose main decorator is very talented. Her wreaths are breathtakingly beautiful (and expensive!) She doesn't over-do them or make them too fussy. They are generally simple, airy & light, and unusual...not run of the mill. I think that that would be a great job! I would love to see her home and the wreaths she has made for herself. Maybe she is like the plumber whose home has leaky pipes, or the roofer with the hole in his own roof! She may not have any wreaths at all in her house! What sorts of things make you smile when you see them in shops or catalogs? Do you have a decorating "vice?" What would you like to bring home if money were no object?

I may not post for a while, as I will be babysitting for the next 3 1/2 days. My son and DIL are out of the country on their 10th anniversary get-a-way. They need some time away with their busy lives! If I survive 3 kids 5 yrs. and under, I will post again in a few days. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. It puts me in a fall mood and wanting to find a good willow or grapevine base for a wreath. Did you make yours or buy it? If so, where?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, April! Thank you! This is a wreath that I bought from a wholesaler when I had my website, but I happen to have quite a few of them left. They are small - around 10 - 12 inches at the widest point. Email me your address, April, and I will send you one if you like the style. They are very wispy and free-form, which I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that you'll survive the grandchildren - I'd sure miss your blog posts! LOL

    The items that ALWAYS make me go weak in the knees are little drawers & little cubbies - I don't know what it is about them, but I just adore them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, The wreath is beautiful, great job. I see you really are in the fall mode! I'm sure it will change in August and the temps soar just in time for school to start back up! ~Ann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!