Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pear Pillow Finished!


I have finally finished the pear pillow. I decided after all to leave the background as originally planned, and have not made any changes to my original design. I really struggled with this because during the process it seemed so PLAIN. As I stated in the past, sometimes a rug has to grow on me. This one has. I wanted it to be simple, and this does look just that. The different colors in the background are very subtle in person, but for some reason, they stand out much, much more in pictures. I think I need to work on my picture taking skills! The border doesn't show up very well in the pictures either, but it is the same colors as in the rest of the background. The wool is both hand dyed and as found and is in #8 cut. The pillow measures 13 1/2" x 10 1/2". I really like the way it looks in my dining room chair. It is raining today and cool. The forecast is for several inches of snow tomorrow (sigh) but hopefully, it will melt quickly. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Linda, the pear pillow is a beauty. I LOVE the simplicity of the project. The homes that I love the best have the simplist accents in them. I'm trying to move that way. Less is more is my new motto. I heard that we are supposed to get snow too, boo hoo. Have a great weekend. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how simple your pear pillow turned out - even a border would have changed the look and I like it exactly the way it is!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!