Saturday, March 7, 2015

Two New Finishes!


I recently purchased a little antique stool from a favorite antique shop.  I LOVE the little cubby shelf open on one side only!  I knew right away that it would be perfect for a small hooked rug on the top.  Here is the finished project.  (Sorry, I can't seem to take clear pictures anymore...time for a new camera?) 

I really like the finished result.  The rug measures 8 1/2" X 13" and is hooked in a 3/8" wide cut.  I used worms left over from previously hooked rugs...yay! (I have accumulated waaay too many of them!)  The stool may have been red at one time, but it has faded to this neutral color.  I thought about painting it, but in the end decided to keep the primitive look of the old faded paint.


This floral mat was designed by Susan Feller, the same person who designed the table runner that was featured on the blog a couple of months ago.  It measures 9 1/2" X 12 1/2", and is also hooked in a 3/8" cut. 



Hope you are enjoying the wonderful sunny day that we are.  It is in the mid 40's and beautiful...hopefully all the snow will melt this week!

Have a great weekend.
Linda 

7 comments:

  1. Love both rugs. The stool was a find. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that primitive stool and your rugs are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda! Your rugs are just fabulous! I'm so envious of your perfect hooking style! That little bench is just adorable with the open little shelf on one side! I haven't picked up my hook in about 2 months with all the stuff going on here.... sigh... time to get back to it! Your rugs have inspired me so!
    Enjoy the nice Spring weather.... we are supposed to get a good warm up and I see the snow is really melting today... Yay!!!
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful hooking. Love the stool, nice find!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda - Great new projects you've made! That little stool is adorable - it might be fun to find a basket that fits just right in that opening - a good place to store magazines maybe? The wool colors coordinate perfectly with the old weathered finish on it. And the red flower is great too - my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, your hooking is so beautiful. It gives me something to shoot for. See you soon.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda - your finishes are wonderful.
    What a sweet little stool - I love how you blended the color of the stool with the wool you used instead of going a different direction.
    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!