Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"New Treasure"



Got a different dining table and chairs this week.  It is not a new set, but is new to me!  My old set was about 34 years old and looked every day of it.  It was not in the least primitive, so this set is a great improvement in my opinion!  My dh, of course, would prefer fine furniture and in perfect condition, but my passion is primitives!  It has been used,  and in a few places slightly abused, but I love it!  We found it on Craig's List and were able to buy the entire set for less than the price of one new Windsor chair.  Can't wait to decorate the house for Autumn now...nothing like a new treasure to get the enthusiasm going again.  Here are a few more views:





The lady who sold the table was very sweet and had a house full of primitives.  She and I shop in the same antiques shop and have similar tastes as far as decorating goes.  She is facing knee replacement surgery soon, so please pray that all will go well.

I've been working on the Posy Pony rug a little and also on an Autumn mat that I hope to finish this week.  I'm in the Fall mood, so I had to work on something with a pumpkin in it!!  I'll show pictures in a few days.

Have a great rest of the week!
Linda

15 comments:

  1. Linda,
    You must be sooooo thrilled with your new dining set! It is gorgeous! You were lucky to have found it second hand...... Oh the fun you will have decorating now for fall!! Hope the knee replacement goes well for your friend. My best friend Sue is facing the same thing in a few weeks.
    Blessings!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your dining set! i think its perfectly prim and love the way you decorate! love the pictures of your fur babies too! enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda ~
    GREAT SET!!! Love the breadboard ends on the table. I'm with you. If I had a new set I'd worry about dings and scratches, but with primitives, it adds character!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find on CL. You made a good choice to buy it, I bet it wouldn't have lasted long.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. It all looks so wonderful in your home. Enjoy decorating!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. An absolutely beautiful set! Your hubby is crazy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! What a deal! That is beautiful! The rest of your home looks amazing as well. Blessings~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so envious Linda! This is what MY dream table looks like too! LOL Sounds like you got a great deal on it - and I love the centerpiece you've placed in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda,
    Your table and chairs look perfect in your home. What a deal! You scored big time. You will have fun decorating for fall. Thanks for showing us. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing what one can find on Cragi's list!
    The table set looks just beautiful. Great find.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda, WOW - that table is great. Why oh why can't I ever find anything on Craig's list? I go and look, but never find anything! ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful! I am looking for one for my 1846 home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bow backs and the table. Your rustic walls look great, but those Anderson windows are all I can look at. I used Brosco windows from Ct. try having grids made for them. Maybe that will help.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking at the windows again, if you have grids made, make them so you wind up with 8/8 panes for your size window. Panes should always be longer than wider(ex: 6” by 8”). If any questions, please contact me. Thank you, Joe

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!