Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Leaf Rug Progress Pictures





I'm making some progress on my hook-in rug.  This has been a busy month, esp. with Graybee's feline hepatic lipidosis and the time spent trying to make him well.  Jess (our canine fur baby) has been getting so jealous over the attention we have been giving Graybee, that she has taken to hiding under my bed and staying there for large portions of the day.  No matter how hard we try to coax her out with her favorite toys, treats, etc, she hides under the bed!

We decided to try some "walking in the woods" therapy today.  My daughter and I took her on a favorite walk in a nearby large wooded park area.  There are several trails and we took her on one that is usually filled with wildlife.  She got to sniff a turtle, smell squirrel trails and raccoon trails.  A deer ran across our path this morning.  She thoroughly enjoyed her walk.  In order to get her out from under the bed to go, my daughter brought her hiking shoes that she has worn on previous walks and let Jess sniff the soles...that worked like a charm!!  Jess came bounding out from under the bed and was ready to go!  It appears that we may use this diversion more often in the next few weeks...she is back under the bed right now...sigh.  Perhaps it is because an air conditioning vent is in the floor under the bed and it is cooler under there ;0)

Anyway, I love the way the rug is coming along, and I can't wait to get it finished!  I have two large rugs waiting in the wings to be hooked, so I need to keep working hard on this one.

Hope you all have a great week!
Linda


4 comments:

  1. beautiful rug, beautiful colors ~ love the organic leaf shapes, can't wait to see it finished!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda ~
    Your rug is wonderful. Love the colors.
    Poor Jess. They do get jealous like kids, don't they?
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rug it is so beautiful. I hope poor Jess decides it is better to play along than hide.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful rug...the leaves are so pretty!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!