Sunday, May 29, 2011

St. Louis on Saturday


For my birthday this year (in January) our son and daughter-in-law gave us tickets to see "Jersey Boys" at the Fox Theater in St. Louis (on Saturday).  It was my first live performance of a Broadway show and my husband and I did love it!  It is the true story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, with lots of their hits being sung by the cast.  The cast, by the way, was fantastic, and their performance was great.  It is a very fast moving and high-energy show, and very well done.  If you haven't seen it and have the opportunity, I recommend it highly...with one caveat.  There is a fair amount of swearing in parts of it (lots of "f" bombs), so be prepared...I wish they would have made it a little more "G" rated in that department, but it was worth watching.

It was just good to get away and go somewhere together, something that we don't do often enough!  By the way, it was worth going just to see the theater...it was beautiful and very ornate.

I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day.  We owe a great debt of gratitude to all of those who have defended our liberty serving in the military.   To the families of those who died while preserving our freedom, "Thank you for your sacrifice, and may God bless you and God Bless America."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated!